The book “Letting Go” by David Hawkins is about allowing yourself to experience your own emotions, that specifically means, in particular negative emotions such as fear, sadness, anger and their correlatives such as rage, despair, worthlessness.
When we feel fear, we have a tendency to either suppress it, repress it, express it, or escape it.
The post 4 Practical Steps to Letting Go explains in simple terms the steps that we can take to put this technique into practice.
Letting go involves being with the feeling and allowing the feeling to be there without resisting it.
“Letting go involves being aware of a feeling, letting it come up, staying with it, and letting it run its course without wanting to make it different or do anything about it. It means simply to let the feeling be there and to focus on letting out the energy behind it. The first step is to allow yourself to have the feeling without resisting it, venting it, fearing it, condemning it, or moralizing about it. It means to drop judgment and to see that it is just a feeling. The technique is to be with the feeling and surrender all efforts to modify it in any way. Let go of wanting to resist the feeling. It is resistance that keeps the feeling going. When you give up resisting or trying to modify the feeling, it will shift to the next feeling and be accompanied by a lighter sensation. A feeling that is not resisted will disappear as the energy behind it dissipates.
Dr David Hawkins
Integrating The Letting Go Technique With Reiki
The “Letting Go” Technique” can be integrated into a Reiki self-treatment with the intention to tune into the root cause of an emotion that we want to let go of and ask Reiki to heal it.
This involves starting the Reiki self-treatment by grounding, protecting and cleansing your energy. Different Reiki symbols can be used during the self-healing session; in particular the Distant Symbol can be used to go to the original event/root cause of the identified emotion.
Here are some practical steps that can assist in integrating Reiki into the Letting Go technique.
1 – Grounding, Connection & Cleansing
– Take a comfortable position. Relax your body. Take a few deep breaths.
– Grounding: you can practice the Holy Fire® Moving Meditation, Holy Fire® Meditation, Gassho Meditation, or a grounding meditation of your choice to ground your energy and focus on your heart centre.
– Connecting: connect to the Holy Fire® energy or to the Reiki source that you have been attuned to. Intend that Reiki flows for your greatest good.
– Cleansing: cleanse your energy by using the Kenyoku Dry Bathing Japanese Reiki Technique for purification. You can also use the Holy Fire® flame, or draw the CKR symbol above your head and imagine it rotating anti-clockwise while moving from head to toes and removing any negativity from your physical body and aura.
2 – Focus on something you want to let go of
– Now bring up something you wish to let go of. May it be a thought, event, behaviour, desire or something else.
– You can think of it or write it down/draw it on paper. Meditate on this for a few minutes.
3 – Tune In to How You Feel
– Focus on that you want to let go of and immediately tune into how you feel.
– Do you feel resistance immediately? What emotions come up? Can you give the emotions a name? Is it sadness, anger, resistance, frustration?
– Try to localise the emotion in the body (exp. head, neck, arms, legs).
– Be very specific with the localization and try to describe the emotion using shapes, colours, temperatures, or even physical states such as (liquid, solid,..) (exp.: “a burning sensation around my eyes”, “a cold stream around my belly area”, “huge tension on my shoulders going all the way into my neck”)
4 – Stay With It And Let Go
– Now fully feel that sensation in your body and be totally present with it.
– Draw the Holy Fire® symbol, HSZSN Distant Symbol and any other Reiki symbol you feel is needed with the intention to go to the root cause of the emotion (focus on the part of your body you have identified).
– Move your hands where they are guided and ask Reiki to flow.
– Relax into it. Set all judgment aside. Don’t think about how long you should spend with that sensation. Just stay there as long as the emotion needs (this can take 1, 5, or even 20 minutes).
– Allow Reiki to flow and hold the intention that any gaps or voids that may have resulted from the release are filled with light.
– Check if there are any negative cords that need to be removed. If that is the case, use the Cutting Cord technique for cutting and releasing them. If you are are qualified Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki, Master or Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki®, Master practitioner you can use the Holy Fire® Experience to release and heal the unwanted emotion.
– Use the CKR and any other symbols you may feel are right to seal the part of the auric field where the release has taken place.
– Stay there until you feel a sense of relief or a fading away.
– Usually, there are multiple levels to an emotion so the sensation you just felt may transform into a different sensation. If so, repeat that process.
– Repeat that process multiple times with every emotion that comes up.
– When the emotion is fully resolved and you feel a sense of peace in your whole being, you can slowly come back and open your eyes.
5 – Closing
– Ask Reiki to complete the healing process in the coming hours and days. Express gratitude
– Make some notes on your diary.
This is a very powerful technique and Reiki can really support us in the process of releasing unwanted emotions. As per usual, what is needed is the willingness to release the emotion and full trust in the Reiki energy.
Giancarlo is a fully qualified Spiritual Healer, Reiki Master, Hypnotherapist and Past Life Regression Therapist. He is a Consultant Expert Healer of the College of Psychic Studies in London.
He is a Master Teacher member of the UK Reiki Federation and registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council, Federation of Holistic Therapists, the Spiritual Regression Therapy Association and the General Hypnotherapy Register. Read more.