Professional Reiki Practitioner Diploma London – What Is It?
The Professional Reiki Practitioner Diploma is a qualification which demonstrates that the student has followed a specific programme of study that adheres to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Core Curriculum for Reiki training (as devised by the Reiki Council).
The programme is designed to enable students to gain competence and confidence to professionally work as a Reiki Practitioner.
Qualified students will receive the CNHC quality mark.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Professional Reiki Practitioner?
The programme is taught over a minimum of 9 months, however, there is no upper time limit.
Is The Diploma Taught In Person or Online?
The Professional Reiki Practitioner Diploma is a combination of in-person classes and distant learning work. Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 courses are taught in person and attunements are individual and face-to-face.
What Is The Structure Of The Programme?
1. In Person and supervised Modules (66 hours minimum)
Reiki 1 and 2 courses are taught in-person in London, UK. Reiki 2 must be taken at least three months after Reiki 1.
Students do not need to register for the Diploma from the beginning and can decide after having taken Reiki 1 or 2.
– Reiki Level 1 – 2 days, 16 contact hours
– Reiki Level 2 – 2 days, 16 contact hours
In addition to taking the Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 courses, students will be required to complete a portfolio of work that demonstrates that they have achieved the level of knowledge and understanding and practical application of Reiki to meet these standards in a professional capacity.
Students will need to complete modules on related topics to Reiki Practice which will be monitored and evaluated.
– Professional Reiki Practitioner Workshop – 1 day, 7 contact hours
– Professional Reiki Practice Workshop – 1 day, 7 contact hours
– Advanced Reiki Workshop – 1 day, 7 contact hours
A Reiki 1 qualification is required for the Professional Reiki Practitioner Workshop and the Professional Reiki Practice Workshop, a Reiki 2 qualification is a requirement to join the Advanced Reiki workshop.
Students will also need to take part in at least 4 Reiki Shares in London (2 hours each, 8 contact hours in total).
Workshops and Reiki Shares are also open to Reiki qualified practitioners not enrolled in the Diploma.
2. Distant/Guided learning (220 hours minimum)
Students are required to take part in a 6-hour The Reiki Lab Online Workshop (NOS Compliant) – (two consecutive days, a three-hour class each day). This online workshop is also open to Reiki qualified practitioners not enrolled in the Diploma.
– 75 treatments given to others (5 supervised) recorded in a Reiki Treatment Journal.
– 100 self or received treatments recorded in a Self-Treatment Journal.
– 10 case studies where you treat the same person 4 times and record the outcomes in line with set criteria. The work is recorded on a Case Study sheet.
– Home Study of Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 manuals.
– Directed research on the internet and of recommended literature.
3. Final Assessment
Once a student has completed all modules as well as the minimum number of case studies, they can register for the final assessment.
The assessment lasts approximately 2 hours and consists of a written test and a practical Reiki treatment given in front of 2 Reiki Master Teachers.
Are The 10 Case Studies Supervised?
Case studies are not supervised. You need to record the work on a Case Study sheet (provided) and submit the paperwork once the work with your clients is complete.
Supervised work with clients has many benefits as it guides you in your work and provides you with feedback. If you need help and support in your work with your clients, bear in mind that 1-2-1 supervision sessions can be arranged for an additional fee.
This programme is accredited by the UK Reiki Federation for registration with the government funded Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
Can I Join The UK Reiki Federation With This Qualification?
In addition to registering with the CNHC and receiving the quality mark, qualified students can join the UK Reiki Federation as a Practitioner Members. Membership of the UK Reiki Federation provides the practitioner with many benefits, such as the use of the UK Reiki Federation member logo on stationary and website, being a voting member and many more.
Students need to check requirements of other UK bases organisations.
What Qualification Do I Need To Join The UK Reiki Federation as a Master Practitioner or Master Teacher?
After completing Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 qualifications, you need to take the Reiki Master training. Please refer to the UK Reiki Federation website for further information.
What Can I Do With The Professional Reiki Practitioner Diploma?
Qualified Reiki practitioners can work in professional environments where verification is required, such as the National Health Service (NHS), GP surgeries, professional bodies, and some private healthcare companies as being of a high standard and quality assured. GPs can refer their patients to professional practitioners on the CNHC register.
They can also set up a private Reiki practice and be self-employed.
What Are The Benefits?
– Receive the CNHC quality mark: The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) is recognised by the NHS, GP surgeries, professional bodies, and some private healthcare companies as being of a high standard and quality assured.
– Apply for roles in the NHS, hospices, health centres: You can apply to work with the NHS and other medical institutions that may require applicants to be verified.
– Mentoring/Support: Throughout the entire training the teacher is available for guidance by phone and email as well as in person at the Reiki Shares.
– Improved Credibility: The public will have a higher level of trust in you because you have been verified by a government organisation as complying with the highest standards of professional practice and code of ethics.
– Branding: You can use the CNHC quality mark on your marketing material and website as proof that you are a verified practitioner.
– Professionalism: All courses are offered teaching to the Core Curriculum and National Occupational Standards for Reiki.
– Flexibility: The course is taught over a minimum of 9 months, however, there is no upper time limit. There is no need to register at the start – you can just collect modules and case studies and let us know when they are complete.
– Open to All: The professional Reiki Practitioner Diploma is also open to students who did their Reiki 1 and Reiki 2 training with another training provider.
Can I Join The Diploma If I Did My Reiki 1 And Reiki 2 Training With Another Provider?
Yes, you can join the Diploma.
Your previous training will be assessed to ascertain what extra work is required. It would need to meet the minimum requirements (Usui lineage, in person attunements, minimum hours of training).
How Much Does It Cost?
A standard non-refundable registration fee of £25 will be payable once you are offered a place on the programme. An information pack will then be sent to you by email.
Each module is individually priced:
– Reiki 1 – £185
– Reiki 2 – £275
– Advanced Reiki Workshop – £85
– The Reiki Lab – £85
– Reiki Shares – £15 each
Final Assessment and Certification – £100
The above fees are for 2022 – Please refer to this page for up-to-date programme fees.
How Can I Have More Information And Apply?
Please go the Diploma Page and use the form to apply or ask for further information.
Giancarlo is a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and Past Life Regression Therapist. He is a registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, the Spiritual Regression Therapy Association and the General Hypnotherapy Register. Read more.