What Is An Energy Leak?
Energy is everywhere, from the air you breathe to the life force that surrounds your body. Your energy, or lack thereof, affects every dimension of your life, including your mind, body, and spirit.
Energy leakage can take shape in many ways: physical or mental tiredness, loss of motivation, frustration, and/or feeling stuck. An energy leak is when we are expending energy in ways that cause an energetic deficit.
These symptoms may be confusing for some, especially if you’re self-aware and cautious with your health. However, even if you have positive energy flowing in, that energy will continue to leak if you are not healed.
So, what are the most common energy leaks? Below you’ll find a short explanation of each major energy leak.
– Closed or blocked chakras. The chakras an integral part of the body’s energy system and are transformers of subtle energy. They take the Ki that is around us and transform it into the various frequencies our subtle energy system needs to keep us healthy.
When chakras are blocked or unbalanced we may operate out of fear, doubting ourselves, and feel disconnected from our source or God.
– Energetic cords. Cords are energetic connections between a person and objects, people, animals, locations, ideas and thought forms. These energetic cords are created naturally in our lives as we connect to other people and to everything around us.
Cords can be attached to the aura, chakras, organs, brain, ears, throat and many other parts of the human energy system. The presence of negative energetic cords can make make you ill, deplete your energy, give you particular dreams, and slow down your spiritual journey.
– Energy vampires. Energy vampires literally ‘suck the energy’ of other human beings, very often they do not do this consciously. Attention seeking can be a way through which some people draw energy from others.
Energy vampires are people who — sometimes intentionally — drain your emotional energy. They feed on your willingness to listen and care for them, leaving you exhausted and overwhelmed.
Energy vampires can be anywhere and anyone. They can be your spouse or your best friend. They can be your cubicle mate or your neighbor.
Learning how to identify and respond to this toxic behaviour can help you preserve your energy and protect yourself from a great deal of emotional — and physical — distress.
– Being ungrounded. Grounding is simply a way of bringing ourselves back to Earth. Some of us are more prone than others to living in the clouds and thus not being firmly rooted in our bodies. There’s nothing terribly wrong with this on occasions, but as we have chosen to be here on Earth, then it’s just wise to stay grounded in our bodies for the majority of the time.
– Psychic attacks. A psychic attack involves an external energy that affects our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing. These external energies can come from environmental energies and from people. A psychic attack can be successful only if we allow it to affect us.
When affected by negative energy, a person might feel dull, negative or get sick for a few days. Most people are capable of dealing with negative energy given a few days.
– Spirit attachments. In the natural cycle of life and death, the spirit moves to the Light after it has left the body. However, sometimes spirits become what is known as earthbound, because they cannot progress as they remain mentally attached to the earth plane for various reasons such as unfinished business, traumatic death, anxiety for a loved one on Earth, fear of the Light etc.
The presence of earthbound spirits can affect people in a number of ways, for example hearing disturbing voices, experiencing severe anxiety, depression or physical problems with no apparent cause, having continuous nightmares and so forth.
– Tears in the energetic field. Your aura is your first point of contact with the world, and it can often say more about you than your words do. It’s a bubble that extends above you, beneath you, in front of you, behind you, and to either side. It’s like your energy skin.
Sometimes it hugs your body tightly and hovers only inches outside your skin. But for most of us, it tends to expand to about two to three feet outside our skin. And then there are other people who have their auras extended out so far, they fill up the entire room.
The aura is heavily impacted by the situations and people you interact with. Since you are constantly exchanging energies with the people around you, it is common for your auric field to get weak due to cluttered psychic debris or even picking on other people’s negative emotions and energy.
As a result, you may feel stressed, anxious, irritated, lethargic, impatient, and even develop a negative outlook towards the world. Your immune system may also take a beating, making you highly susceptible to falling sick.
– Thought forms. Thought forms can be our own thought forms or other people’s thought forms. They can also be collective. We can create thought forms and perceive them as external energies that are attacking us. We can also perceive our own fragments, personalities, and archetypes in the same way, and feel that we are being attacked by external forces although in truth, we are attacking ourselves.
– You are going through a spiritual awakening. A spiritual awakening is a process of becoming aware of the true nature of the self and reality. It is a a time or experience an individual has when they transition from being aware of only the physical reality and awaken to something more.
Going through a spiritual awakening is one of the most confusing, lonely, alienating, but also supremely beautiful experiences in life. The awakening process can be confusing and unnerving at times – especially when the body seems to be playing catch-up with what has been seen.
What Can We Do About It?
There are many tools available to use that can support our wellbeing and prevent energy from leaking.
Be aware of how negative energy can affect you. First of all, we need to be aware of how negative energy can affect us. Gaining practical knowledge on this subject can really help you understand how your energy anatomy works and how you can protect it from negative energies.
Simple rules for protecting yourself from negative energies.
Negative energies can take different shapes and forms; for example, other people’s thoughts and emotions are forms of energy that we can absorb. Sometimes we may walk into a place where we may feel really uncomfortable.
The first step always start with grounding your energy. A good grounding means that you are solid, centered in good foundations, like a tree with solid roots.
The Importance of Self-Care
One of the definitions of self-care is ‘the practice of taking an active role in protecting one’s own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.’
WHO defines self-care as “the ability of individuals, families and communities to promote health, prevent disease, maintain health, and to cope with illness and disability with or without the support of a healthcare provider”
An important part of self-care is knowing when to step back and when to reach out for help. It is important to learn how to work through difficulties and challenges, setting healthy boundaries and know when your mind and body needs a break.
Learn how to heal yourself with Reiki
Reiki is an energy healing treatment that works holistically; on the whole body, mind and spirit. It is not a system of religious beliefs.
Reiki is practiced by millions of people worldwide and there are over one hundred styles that have evolved from the system developed by Mikao Usui.
Reiki is a very simple and powerful technique that is practiced by simply placing your hands on someone with the intention of giving a session. It is not necessary to meditate or concentrate or go into an altered state to use Reiki. It can be easily learned by anyone and can also practiced remotely.
Giancarlo is a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and Past Life Regression Therapist. He is a registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, the Spiritual Regression Therapy Association and the General Hypnotherapy Register. Read more.