The Human Energy Field
The Human Energy Field or aura is a matrix of subtle energy fields or patterns that surround and penetrate the physical body. These fields define the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical makeup of an individual and contain the blueprints for the physical body and information of how to function. They also contain the blueprints for our emotional and mental energy as well as higher levels of consciousness.
Living cell tissue generates stores and transmits energy and scientists are now able to confirm a wide range of the energetic activities which make up our energy fields. These include, but are not limited to, electrical, magnetic and electromagnetic energies, light, heat and sound.
An illness will originate in the human energy field before manifesting in the physical body and by working with Reiki, we are often able to work with preventing as well as healing ailments in the human body. Reiki energy has its own Higher Intelligence, it automatically works on these higher levels and this is why Reiki is able to heal on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of our being.
Every human energy field has its own unique frequency. Human energy fields interact with each other as well as with the energy fields of animals, plants, minerals etc. The longer and more intimate the interaction between the energy fields, the greater the energy exchange. Every energy field contains an abundance of information and reflects physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of the individual.
“Everything that is alive pulsates with energy and all of this energy contains information.(…) Your physical body is surrounded by an energy field that extends as far out as your outstretched arms and the full length of your body. It is both an information centre and a highly sensitive perceptual system. We are constantly ´in communication´ with everything around us through this system, which is a kind of conscious electricity that transmits and receives messages to and from other people’s bodies.”
Anatomy of the Spirit – Caroline Myss
We perceive these messages from and within the energy field usually at the unconscious level, with some of them occasionally coming to conscious awareness as an intuition, a gut feeling. Intent and techniques such as “energy scanning” makes this information more easily available at the conscious level.
“Our thoughts and feelings are powerful forces and energetic realities. They are the substance of which our experience of the world is made of. They influence our environments, our energy fields and they influence the physical tissue within our bodies. In this way your biography – that is, the experiences that make up your life – becomes your biology.”
The human energy field is most commonly perceived:
1) kinaesthetically, through feelings and sensations.
2) visually as and aura of soft white or pastel coloured light.
3) intuitively through a direct inner knowing.
Strengthening the aura
All spiritual, shamanic and yogic traditions are rich in techniques and recommendations for strengthening the human energy field. A Reiki treatment or self-healing session is one of the most effective ways to strengthen the aura.
Like the mind and the body, the aura thrives on a healthy life style:
– a good healthy and organic diet
– optimism and positive thinking
– clean and fresh air
– a sense of purpose in life
– healthy relationships
– doing the work you love
– being in touch with nature
– enjoying the beauty of the arts
– expressing yourself
– correct breathing
– sufficient rest
– appropriate exercise
– meditation and prayer and other ways of realising the Divine.
Above all it thrives on positive intention in all of these things.
If you are using a protection technique on a regular basis (recommended), then filling your aura with Reiki is a very positive way to enrich your energy body and yourself. Using the Reiki symbols on a regular basis is also a very beneficial exercise.
Regular cleansing of the aura is also a way of strengthening it and I would recommend having a look at the following exercise, as well as the Hatsurei-Ho technique.
Reiki Aura Cleansing – Clearing the Aura of Heavy Energy
This clearing technique can be used for both the client or on the self. There are many versions of this technique in use and the following is just one example.
- Stand up and ground thoroughly
- Remaining standing, reach your hands up to the sky with both hands facing each other (forming a funnel shape). Feel the connection to with the energy coming from the Universe.
- Visualise white light coming down into your body through the Crown chakra (top of your head) and filling the whole body, especially the hands, with a white light.
- Now visualise the white light just above the head spiralling around you in a clockwise direction moving downwards. As it spins around, see the white light removing blockages and strengthening the aura as it goes. The white light dissipates down the Earth, transmuting into positive energy.
- Repeat step 4 nine times.
- Visualise now golden light starting above the head and going down to below the feet. See the golden mist around you and breathe it in. Expand your energy out the rest of the universe as you breathe out. Do this for as long as you like.
- Ground when you feel ready and then open your eyes.
The Shower Of Light Meditation
The Shower of Light Meditation is very simple but incredibly effective, and you use it to wash away your stress, anxiety and negative thoughts. You do not have to be a healer or work with energy to be able to use it.
You can use it when you are taking a shower, but also when you are in bed and you can imagine being under a shower of light.
> How To Practice The Shower of Light Meditation
> How To Become a Reiki Practitioner
> The Difference Between Reiki And Holy Fire Reiki
> How To Prepare Before A Reiki Session
Giancarlo is a qualified Healer, hypnotherapist and Reiki Teacher. He runs Reiki courses and offers consultations in person and online. Read more.