An introduction to Karuna Reiki®
In 1989, William Lee Rand, Founder of the International Center for Reiki Training, began to receive non-Usui Reiki symbols and attunement techniques from other Reiki masters. He later began experimenting with some of them together with a number of his best students. They asked for guidance and came up with a set of symbols and attunements that seemed to have the best energy. William Lee Rand did not channel any of these symbols, but he was guided in the further development of the attunement process that in 1995 eventually evolved into a new system of Reiki which he called Karuna Reiki®.
The meaning of Karuna
“Karuna is a Sanskrit word and is used in Hinduism and Buddhism. It is translanted to mean any action that is taken to diminish the suffering of others and could also be translated as “compassionate action.” When individuals experience enlightenment, they report that all beings are known as one.
Karuna is the motivating quality of all enlightened beings who are working to end suffering on Earth. They continually send an unlimited amount of healing energy and guidance to us, but not all are receptive to it. As you develop Karuna in yourself, not only are you helping others, but you also become more receptive to the Karuna that is being sent by all enlightened beings. Thus your healing is quickened as well”.
– William Lee Rand
Benefits of Karuna Reiki®
- Karuna Reiki® opens you to work more closely with all enlightened beings. This includes those enlightened ones who are physically present as well as those in spirit
- It assists a person through a process of total transformation and integration bringing a state of complete empowerment
- It helps our transpersonal energy system become more fully activated, working with transpersonal chakras, such as the stellar gateway, soul star, causal chakra, etheric heart, earth star and Gaia gateway
- Karuna Reiki® chanting helps to release issues of all kinds in a powerful and gentle way. The energy negative energies are quickly lifted out.
- Karuna Reiki® helps us develop a soul level understanding of our natural gifts, tap into any blocks that are preventing us from using these gifts fully, and gives us tools to heal.
- Karuna Reiki® assist us to heal deeply, and through this process we are empowered to help ourselves and others, contributing to total healing of the planet
- Karuna Reiki® energy goes very deep, gently, but quickly, bringing deep physical and emotional healing.
- It transcends time and space, connecting with karmic issues, working through and transmuting incarnations, bringing the related lessons to ones conscious awareness.
- It helps to connect and heal the earth, healing and releasing discarnate spirits, helping them to move on through compassionate and loving action
- Karuna Reiki® is a great gift that can help us recognize that complete peace is already within us all. This recognition can then bring us to merge with the oneness of all creation.
Karuna Reiki® symbols , like the Usui Reiki symbols, are sacred and can be compared to energetic keys. They can assist the practitioner in bringing deep healing in many areas:
- Past life issues
- Physical, psycological, emotional abuse; child abuse
- Cellular healing
- Unconscious patterns, addictive behavious, fears
- Psychological or psychic “attack
- Heal insomnia and panic attacks
- Spiritual emergency
Karuna Reiki® can improve en enrich a person’s life by:
- Developing healthy habits, healing relationship issues
- Developing Universal Compassion
- Harmonising chakras and clearing the human energy system
- Helping manifesting goals, bringing focus and strengthening our self-esteem
- Aligning with higher self, bringing balance, deeper connection and enhancing spiritual guidance
- Connecting to personal Divine power and trust in life
- Creating peace and healing the Earth
- Enhancing psychic senses such as clairvoyance
The Holy Fire Karuna Reiki® Master Class
This Holy Fire Karuna Reiki® Master class is taught only by Karuna Reiki Masters registered with the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT). All Master teachers have agreed to abide by a code of ethics, minimum teaching standards, a standard curriculum and practice the attunements as they were developed by the ICRT.
All attunements are given in person. All registered Karuna Reiki Masters have a lineage which can be traced to a teacher licensed by the ICRT, and ultimately to William Lee Rand.
Karuna Reiki® has 8 session symbols and at first had 4 master symbols. After Holy Fire Reiki came into being, William Lee Rand was guided to upgrade it to Holy Fire Karuna Reiki® and make the Holy Fire symbol the master symbol.
The energy has a more definite feeling to it. It works on the emotional and spiritual levels and also can help one become more grounded. Those who receive the attunements report experiences with their guides, angels, and higher self and feel the healing presence of other enlightened beings.
Giancarlo is a qualified Usui/Holy Fire III, Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher, and has been trained by William Lee Rand, Founder of the International Center for Reiki Training, completing the ART/Master Reiki training at Mount Kurama in Japan.
Giancarlo currently teaches courses and workshops in the UK and overseas and also runs private practices in Hillingdon and Ealing, London.
Visit his website www.holyfirereiki.eu