Neville Goddard - Do this before going to Sleep

While much of Goddard’s writings involve quotes and interpretations of Biblical stories, his philosophy is far more practical than religious, describing how imagination creates reality , and he consistently outlines a series of steps you can take to apply his teachings to your daily life.

Neville takes sacred scriptures and interprets them symbolically. Here he talks about Psalms 4:4.

Psalms 4:4

4  Be angry, but sin not; commune with your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. [Selah]

He says:-

Upon your bed, be silent as you commune with your own heart, with self, because the self of Man is God. You do not commune with another. You know exactly what you want, and in that state, fall asleep.

A state is an attitude of mind, a state of experience with a body of beliefs which you live by. You are an immortal being, you are not a state. There are infinite states in the world, You enter a state and the state becomes alive

When you are in that state, you must express the content of that state. You don’t need to feel emotions to manifest, you need to be in the state that matches your desire, not being “emotional” about it.

For example, Neville’s teacher Abdullah told him to ‘sleep the night in Barbados‘ so that he could move into that state and actually go to Barbados (which Neville later brought forth in the material world):

You are in Barbados.” – “You are now in Barbados. And so… you see Barbados, and you see America from Barbados, and you can smell the tropical land of Barbados, see only the little homes of Barbados, and that’s all you do. You just simply sleep this night in Barbados.”

neville's quotes
neville’s quotes

What we place in our imagination is more than just an empty thought, it becomes our reality.

” … And in a way that no one knows, and you and your surface mind; you do not know, it will all come to pass. Everything in this world is created in this way, but man does not know it”.

In his talks, Neville says that he does not really know the mechanics of creation. However, he has absolute faith that ‘lt will all come to pass‘, that anything that is impressed upon your subconscious mind with your conscious mind will eventually birth itself into existence in the physical plane.  

Once one has a clear visualization of what they are striving for, they can then bring all of their attention towards envisioning that for themselves; focusing only on their highest expectations instead of the “how” it will happen, thus allowing the process of manifestation to unfold on its own.

You must be intense about it

Revelation 3:16

“So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”

Neville says that no matter what you want in the world, you must ne intense about it. You must have a burning desire.

“No one may achieve success without first knowing precisely what he wants. Study any person who is known to be a permanent success and you will find that he has a Definite Major Goal; he has a plan for the attainment of this goal; he devotes the major portion of his thoughts and his efforts to the attainment of this purpose.” – Napoleon Hill

You must be intense about what you want, and then commune with your own heart upon your bed – and then let it drop.

This is exactly How Neville manifested his wife in 1 week! Neville constructed an imaginal scene where when he went to bed every night, he was not alone. He was lying in his bed and his future wife was lying in the other bed. He pre-supposed that he had already married his specific person. He did not concern himself with the how this marriage would take place, or how his first wife would finally get persuaded to give him a divorce. He went straight to the end, to the state of already being married to his loved one and sleeping in the same room with his loved one, and focused on that, and let everything else take care of itself.

The World Of Mortality Is A Shadow

“…. and all that you behold, though it appears without, it is within, in your imagination of which this world of mortality, is but a shadow”

I AM the Light of the World” – You are the Light – the shadow you cast in the world of mortality is the result of the object that you are holding within yourself and identifying yourself with it. Therefore you are able to cast a new shadow upon the world by changing the object you are identifying yourself with.

Neville gives an example:

YOU DO NOT SAY “I am unemployed” but YOU SAY “I am gainfully employed, making more that I have ever made before”.

You look into the perfect law, the law of Liberty and I persevere in that law.

According to Neville, the two most important elements here are:

– You see yourself in your imagination

– You believe what you are seeing in your imagination to be true

In order to use positive affirmations and the Law Of Liberty effectively, you need to work on your negative beliefs such as “I am not good enough“, “I will never be rich“, “I cannot be healthy“, “It am too old for…”, “Someone else is to blame” and so on.

Feeling IS the Secret

Anything that is impressed upon your subconscious mind with your conscious mind will eventually birth itself into existence in the physical plane.  

You impress your subconscious mind with your thoughts and feelings. The subconscious transcends reason and will bring about whatever situation it sees fit to get the job done.

“What you feel you are, always dominates what you would like to be; therefore to be realized, the wish must be felt as a state that is, rather than a state that is not. Sensation precedes manifestation and is the foundation upon which all manifestation rests” – Neville Goddard


Do This Before Going To Sleep – Neville Goddard

You can listen or download an MP3 of this lecture by clicking below. If you are listening on a portable device such as a smartphone, tablet, etc. please use the headphones.

Do This Before Going To Sleep – Neville Goddard

All that you behold, though it appears without, it is within, in your imagination - Neville Goddard
All that you behold, though it appears without, it is within, in your imagination – Neville Goddard
Related Articles

> How Neville Goddard Manifested His Wife In One Week

> How to Pray Effectively – Joseph Murphy

> The Story Of A Young Girl

> How Neville Got Honourably Discharged From The Army

> How To Take Any Goal And Bring It To Reality

> All Things Are Possible To Him Who Believes

> Feeling Is The Secret by Neville Goddard

> How Neville Goddard Manifested The Impossible Tickets For Aida

> You are in Barbados! How Abdullah Taught Neville Goddard the Law

11 Powerful Neville Goddard Quotes To Manifest Your Desires

Earl Nightingale’s Strangest Secret: The 30-day Test

Giancarlo Serra works as a Spiritual Healer, Reiki Healer and Reiki Teacher. Read More.