Gedoku Chiryo Ho (Detoxification Technique)
Gedoku Chiryo Ho is a technique used to effect detoxification/purification on various levels.
It can also assist in strengthening the connection with ones ‘True Self’. This technique can be offered to your client as part of a Reiki treatment, it can be incorporated in your self-treatment or used as a stand-alone practice.
Please follow these steps if you are treating a client:
- Rest your hands, palms down, on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and ‘hara-centre’ yourself: focus your awareness in your seika tanden
- For a few moments, simply ‘be’ – silently and restfully ‘watching the breath’: loosely focussing on the natural rhythms of your breathing.
- Let yourself ‘see‘ and feel the Reiki pervading and permeating your entire being, being aware that you are oneness.
- Perform gassho rei and make a silent statement of intent that you are beginning the session.
- Whilst the client can be lying down for this treatment, it will be generally far easier to administer if they are sitting upright on a chair.
- Place your left hand on their tanden area, and place your right hand on their lower back at about the same level as the hand on their tanden.
- Be aware of the Reiki flow beneath your hands. You may silently affirm the desire that all toxins be – gently – cleared from the client.
- Let the Reiki flow. ‘See‘ and feel the Reiki flow. Be in the experience.
- Stay with it as long as you intuit is appropriate.
- When you recognise that enough has been achieved for the current session, withdraw your hands from the client.
- Manifest kansha – gratitude – for having been granted this opportunity to assist your client to heal themself.
- To complete the procedure, perform gassho rei
You can of course also self-treat with Gendoku Chiryo Ho, by placing the right hand on your forehead.