The Importance Of A Daily Practice
Takata Sensei always taught her students to start their healing practice with themselves, providing Reiki self-treatments daily. Before you can help others to heal, you must first heal yourself. Your Reiki practice can be part of your daily practice.
Even if you only have five minutes per day, use that time to place your hands on yourself and allow the Reiki energy to flow. This will not only help you master the skills needed for Reiki, but it will help to keep your energy flowing freely and improve the health of your body, mind, and spirit
Whenever possible, perform a full Reiki self-treatment, which includes 16 hand positions. Hold each hand position for three to five minutes. This is why Reiki is a discipline – because to help others heal you must have the discipline to put in the time and practice to heal yourself.
Think about Reiki self-healing sessions as just another form of personal hygiene – like bathing or brushing your teeth. When you combine it with daily meditation, you’ll find you can make Reiki a part of your daily life, no matter how busy you are.
Be aware that negative energy can affect you in many ways, so your daily practice gives you an opportunity to make an assessment of your energy and take the appropriate steps to address any energy imbalance you may find.
10 Tips to Find Time for Daily Practice
Finding the time for daily self-Reiki can be challenging, especially for new practitioners, or busy people who have a lot going on in their lives.
Here are some tips to help you get past that initial stage when new tasks and new things to do seem to just come up out of nowhere, leaving you no time for yourself. After you keep practicing for several days, you’ll find that it gets easier to find the time, and after a few weeks, it even becomes a habit.
1. Practice before going to bed. If you’re very tired, just go to bed, place a hand on your third eye chakra, and one on your heart, and send Reiki. It’s OK to fall asleep.
2. Wake up earlier. Yes, it’s challenging, but definitely worth it. Waking up 10-15 minutes earlier and doing 1 minute of Reiki in each hand positions will have a great impact in the long term.
3. Use the “idle” time, e.g. on the train, waiting in line at the bank…
4. Send Reiki to yourself or your situation with the intent that you manage to find more time for practicing. Use Reiki to set goals.
5. Ask your subconscious mind, to help you solve the time problem. Just stay open to any solution – and you’ll be surprised to see how quickly it works.
6. Set an appointment with yourself, every day, and make it highest priority. Treat it like a flight you absolutely have to be on. You can use visualisation and empower a mental picture with Reiki.
7. Send Reiki to your Solar Plexus Chakra – this is the chakra of personal power, which governs the power of your will among others. A strong will will help you find solutions and prioritize things that are important for you,
8. Find a “Reiki buddy” that you practice together with – it will increase the accountability and you’ll both have a better chance sticking to the schedule.
9. Place a time-related affirmation in your Reiki box, such as ‘I always have enough time to do everything I desire, for my highest good’.
10. Reduce time spent on other activities, such as TV, internet browsing, Facebook, email.
Always remember to ground your energy in the morning, at night before going to bed and throughout the day.
> How To Become a Reiki Practitioner
> How Long Does It Take To Become A Reiki Master
> The Difference Between Reiki And Holy Fire Reiki
> The Powerful Meanings Of Reiki Symbols
> Learn How To Give Reiki To Others
> How To Prepare Before A Reiki Session
> Reiki Distant Healing Techniques
> How To Practice Reiki Self-Healing
> How To recognise Energy Vampires
> Psychic Protection In Healing And Psychic Work
Giancarlo is a qualified Usui/Holy Fire III, Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher, and has been trained by William Lee Rand, Founder of the International Center for Reiki Training, completing the ART/Master Reiki training at Mount Kurama in Japan and the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher class in Jerusalem, Israel. Read more.